Sunday, August 20, 2006

You know who you look like? You look just like . . .


I haven't written about MyHeritage before now because any technology that declares me a 70% match for Heather Locklear clearly has some serious flaws, but another article about the company just appeared, so I figured it was time to mention its see-which-celebrity-you-look-like feature. Despite its apparent shortcomings, it is a fun distraction. And genealogists who register will appreciate the ability to play the face-matching game with relatives, both living and deceased (assuming, of course, you have photos of the dearly departed!).

Here's a video to show you how it all works (FYI -- you'll have to sit through a commercial first).

The site also includes interesting search functionality, which I'll address in another piece at some point. It's slow and sort of takes over your PC (best to run it at night), but has the potential to turn up some pieces of the family puzzle you might have missed. In the meantime, enjoy the matchmaking game -- and may you all be declared visual twins of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt!

5 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about it, though. It matches my face to Michael Palin's. He's a funny guy, but I'm not sure I look like him!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak said...

Hi Dana,

Yeah, that's my feeling. It's fun and I imagine it works very well for some folks, but as much as I'd like to convince myself that I look anything like Heather, all we really have in common is being blond. Still, a cool toy, eh? Thanks for sharing your lookalike results!

Take care,
Megan

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 11 year old nephew is a 74% match to Kristen Bell (he would not be pleased so being a good auntie, I won't mention this). Me? A 76% match to Anastacia - at least we both have light color hair. Neat though, thanks Meagan.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak said...

Hi Sue,

Wow! Anastacia! If that 76% is even remotely accurate, you're one good-looking aunt! My apologies to your nephew, though . . .

Take care,
Megan

P.S. On a barely related note, did you know that Anastacia is a huge star in Slovakia? Her music was everywhere the last time I was there.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admit that I didn't exactly follow instructions :) I was in 3/4 profile, but I don't think I look quite as wrinkled as the photo of Faye Wray that I was 68% like :) (My picture was taken in my 30's, being kind, she was in her 70's! LOL)

But they did say a 60% match with Humphrey Bogart who is a VERY distant cousin! LOL

Thanks for this fun time waster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home