Sunday, August 20, 2006

Contest Update 5: Following Annie Moore's Trail

Well, it seems a few folks are getting warmer, but no one's found Annie yet.

So I thought it was time to at least recognize the first to locate the real Annie's family -- and that's Brian Andersson. He came to me initially with a theory about Annie's family, then more evidence, and finally, a particularly compelling document indicating that, yes, this is the correct family. He did some remarkable detective work to piece this all together.

And now I've learned that Sharon Elliott is on the same trail and has also zeroed in on the same family.

So congratulations and tons of respect to Brian -- and now Sharon -- for being the first to ferret out the real Annie's family from all the Moore's out there!

But now comes the tricky part -- finding Annie herself. Even with the context of her actual family, Annie remains elusive. Keep an eye on Sharon's blog and mine, as we'll both be sharing research findings in the hope that -- together -- we can get to the finish line of this mystery!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Randy Seaver said...

Hi Megan,

I did a bit more looking this week - I've handicapped myself by not having Ancestry at home.

I'll be gone for almost four weeks now on holiday, with part of a week at ohme, so there won't be any research done here for awhile.

When I get back, maybe Brian and Sharon will have found Annie in some record. How far do we have to go on this? I assume that if Annie married, you want to know her family, and her death records. I look forward to hearing about the search.

Cheers -- Randy

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak said...

Hi Randy,

That's a good question. Ideally, I'd like to find Annie's descendants today -- if she has any. But on the other hand, I don't want some unsuspecting family to be inundated with calls and letters from family history sleuths, so let's say that I'd like to find out what became of Annie herself -- so marriage and death info expected, family details bonus.

Because of my Army work, I'm really good at locating living descendants, so I'll be happy to do that legwork once someone solves the mystery of Annie herself.

Enjoy your holiday!
Megan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home