Friday, August 11, 2006

Genealogical Conference at Sea!

You only have until August 25th to register for the 2006 Genealogy Conference and Cruise hosted by Wholly Genes Software. In fact, you may not have that long because it's 95% booked.

I'm really looking forward to this because I've never done a genealogical cruise before, but I'll be joining the likes of Tony Burroughs, Dick Eastman and Hank Jones (pretty good company, eh?) speaking on all sorts of roots-oriented topics -- everything from digital video to dead Germans (just look at the program).

I don't have the schedule yet, but each speaker will also host a couple of breakfasts and provide a number of one-on-one consultation sessions. Hmmm . . . wonder if the speakers are allowed to sign up for sessions with other speakers?

Anyway, to get a feel for what you can expect, check out Dick Eastman's review from last year's cruise.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Randy Seaver said...

Megan,

You're in real good company on this cruise - but they are too!

I wish I could join up. Maybe next year I can talk my wife into a genealogy cruise. Or maybe just not tell her until we get on board. I spend my time on board the ship walking, people watching, playing the games, going to shows, etc., while she swims and talks to people. There would be no real difference, except she would experience dinner and social conversations with other genies - she loves talking to folks like that!

Cheers -- Randy

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak said...

Hi Randy,

My good-natured NGS (non-genealogical spouse) will be along for the trip. Of course, he spends so much time immersed in this world that he's developed a remarkably high tolerance. You wouldn't believe how many people pepper him with DNA questions! Guess he better start studying for the cruise!

Take care,
Megan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home