Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wear Your Genetic Heritage Proudly!

As an avid genetealogist, I've thought for a while now that it's just a matter of time before "Hey baby, what's your haplogroup?" replaces "Hey baby, what's your sign?" It's just a 21st version update of a longheld tradition.

But now there's a way you can let folks know your genetic roots without their having to ask. You can advertise your genetic heritage proudly! Check out this R1b example that applies to a huge chunk of men who hail from Western Europe:



But what if you're not R1b? No problem. Just request your own haplogroup (Y-DNA or mtDNA) here:


Haplogroup A-Z

Shop owner, Jimmy Kavanaugh, will customize one for you -- and your fellow haplogroup-mates will thank you for adding it to the menu. Better yet, if you're a real stickler for accuracy, I already checked -- yes, I could request a customized shirt for I1b2a3 -- which I happen to be -- rather than just plain old "I."


And finally, if you like genetic genealogy, but aren't so haplogroup-minded, you'll find plenty of additional options here:

Genetics & DNA

I think it would be great if everyone attending the upcoming 3rd International Conference on Genetic Genealogy for Family Tree DNA Group Administrators would wear these shirts, so they can easily spot their genetic kin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home