Friday, May 05, 2006

Megan on BBC's Timewatch Tonight, May 5th

Much to my surprise, I've just discovered that I'm going to be on TV tonight in the U.K. (on BBC Two at 9:00 p.m.). Late last year, I worked on a documentary called The Iron Coffin for BBC's Timewatch -- and it's airing tonight. You can catch a brief video preview here.

Civil War fans will be particularly interested because it's about the USS Monitor -- about its classic battle with the Merrimack and its recovery several years ago. My involvement had to do with attempts to identify the two sailors whose remains were discovered in the turret during the recovery efforts (you'll have to watch to learn more!).

I've only seen a rough cut, so those of you watching in the U.K. tonight will know just how deeply I managed to embarrass myself before I do. I believe the show will air down the road a bit on Discovery, but I'll need to check into that. If anyone catches it, please let me know what you thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home