Wednesday, May 10, 2006

GenealogyBank.com: New Resource for Genealogists Coming Soon!

I've been keeping an eye on NewsBank, a service I've been using for several years (for their NewsLibrary.com and ObitsArchive.com services). Perhaps a month or so ago, Dick Eastman wrote that they would have a new product offering for genealogists. Today, I spotted this on their site:

Coming soon, GenealogyBank.com consolidates the core genealogical records of the United States from the 17th to the 20th centuries into a single, robust Web-based resource. Like no other research tool, GenealogyBank.com makes it easy for genealogists to instantly search and browse digital facsimiles of American historical genealogies, obituaries, marriage notices, local histories, casualty lists, military documents and many other types of primary source materials published over the course of four centuries. [continue reading . . .]

Here are a few of the highlights according to their "Quick Facts":
  • Provides convenient online access to a vast number of primary source records and documents through a core collection of American historical resources
  • Includes American historical newspapers, books, government documents and other publications
I, for one, intend to be one of the first in line for this service! It ought to help tremendously with the Repatriation Project I work on for the U.S. Army. And I can't wait to see what I might be able to find on my own family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home