Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Where Were You When . . .?

One of my virtual, genealogical buddies and fellow-blogger (not to mention, the mastermind behind www.deathindexes.com), Joe Beine, recently wrote about Paul McCartney's Irish roots -- but more specifically, about him turning 64:

"When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now..."

OK, this is soooo revealing my age, but I'm gonna 'fess up. My earliest memory ever is being pulled from the crib to watch the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. Apparently, it's a real touchstone for a lot of folks because many people have written to Joe privately sharing their recollections. So where were you for this piece of musical history?

1 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Randy Seaver said...

You are young...

I was all of 20, in college, living at home, and we watched the show. My dad hated the long hair, my mom loved their innocence. I thought it was quite a contrast between the irreverent Beatles (my age) and the oh-so-proper Mr Sullivan (my parents generation).

I'll be 64 in 16 months, so I still have time to work on losing the rest of my hair.

Cheers -- Randy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home